Patricio Williams Becú is an Argentine entrepreneur who left his finance job to start DTA LatAm, a business that helps farmers finance their operation in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:56] The work Patricio is engaged in with DTA and PagoRural.
- [3:00] The type of people Patricio’s company works alongside, and why a typical client would need their services..
- [5:15] How a guy from a big city like Buenos Aires wound up financing farmers.
- [9:46] The path Patricio followed to get his company started.
- [21:40] Why have Argentines been so successful starting businesses?
- [27:38] Steps toward the very first client.
- [35:23] Hiring the first employees.
- [43:20] The challenges of working with new employees and investors.
- [48 :50] The kinds of returns the company sees happening for investors.
- [51:40] Expanding to Uruguay and Paraguay.
- [1:00:06] Patricio’s advice to new entrepreneurs about how to assess customer needs.
- [1:02:03] Advice to founders outside Silicon Valley about raising money.
- [1:04:27] Patricio’s counsel to US investors about Latin American companies.
- [1:08:15] Surprising things about doing business in Latin America.
- [1:11:13] Things Latin American founders need to understand about the U.S. or European markets.
- [1:14:28] The advice Patricio would give himself if he was starting over.
- [1:19:08] The next steps for Patricio’s company.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect With Nathan
If you enjoyed this episode – would you mind subscribing and leaving a rating and review?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, AND REVIEW ON iTunes
SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW ON Stitcher