Sebastian Vidal is a Chilean who was part of the early Startup Chile team and later became its executive director. Now the director of Parallel 18, a similar program in Puerto Rico, Sebastian has worked with more than 1000 startups and shares his insights into what makes companies successful.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:35] How Sebastian made the transition to Puerto Rico from Chile.
- [4:20] The challenge of starting Parallel 18 from scratch.
- [6:08] The role Sebastian played in Startup Chile.
- [11:00] Lessons learned working with over 1000 startups.
- [22:15] Learning the lesson that focus is of paramount importance.
- [27:01] The changes Sebastian made starting over with Parallel 18 in Puerto Rico.
- [35:55] New perspectives from working with companies in Parallel 18.
- [40:22] What types of companies should apply to be part of Parallel 18?
- [47:05] How to connect with Sebastian and Parallel 18.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect With Nathan
If you enjoyed this episode – would you mind subscribing and leaving a rating and review?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, AND REVIEW ON iTunes
SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW ON Stitcher